- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 tbs mustard (spicy, Dijon, etc)
- 4 tbs melted butter
- 3 c root beer (do not use sugar-free)
- 4 lb pre-cooked spiral ham (If not using a spiral ham, score top of ham first)
- Combine brown sugar, mustard and butter to form smooth paste.
- Rub ham with paste.
- Place ham in slow cooker and add root beer.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, then turn to low and cook for 6 to 7 hours, basting occasionally.
Using the glaze packet included with ham, cook as directed using crock pot liquid in place of water. Add thickener if needed.