It’s Sunday, which means it’s another slow-cook day. While sitting at the airport in Myrtle Beach I bought a few cooking magazines to keep me awake. Hubby picked the white bean ratatouille from Better Homes and Gardens Skinny Slow Cooker for tonight’s dinner. With a few modifications, it’s still a light recipe, and delicious.
Adapted from BHG’s Skinny Slow Cooker
- 4 c eggplant, diced
- 1 c summer squash, diced
- 1 c zucchini, diced
- 1 c butternut squash, diced
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can fava beans (or other bean), rinsed and drained
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes, low sodium (or roast fresh)
- 1 sm can tomato sauce, low sodium
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 10-12 basil leaves, chiffonade (save some for garnish)
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Combine all ingredients, except basil and cheese, in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add basil and stir.
- Garnish with cheese and additional basil, if desired.