When I think of deserted islands I think of pineapples and Gilligan’s Island. If Ginger et al could pack years worth of clothes and random items for a three-hour cruise … then I’m sure I’m not limited to three (or five, depending on who’s asking the question.) And talking about the question, it doesn’t make sense. You don’t go on a trip and plan to be deserted, do you? I already overpack for my trips. How could I pack a heavy duty inflatible boat? And forget about just taking carry on; I wouldn’t be able to take a Swiss army knife and lighter. Too complicated.
I’d rather be on a desserted island.
If I had to bring three things, I’d choose:
#1. Hubby. (He could pack three things to help us survive and carry all the heavy stuff in case my desserted island is deserted.)
#3. Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (remember, I’m on a desserted island; there’ll be electricity…)
(shown with Coconut Kiwi Mango Sorbet)
- ½ pineapple, peeled and cored
- ½ c Stevia
- ¼ c agave nectar
- ¼ c DEVO Coconut White Balsamic
- ¼ c coconut water
- Cut pineapple into chunks.
- Place in food processor and add sugar, water and balsamic.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Chill pineapple mixture in frig for at least one hour.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Toasted coconut shreds