When I think of England, I think of cucumber tea sandwiches. Well, it’s one of the things I think about. Pubs is another. I haven’t had a cocktail in 15 5 weeks. I deserve at least a bronze medal for that. (It feels much longer than 5!) In honor of the Olympics host country, I combined cucumbers with drinking. Cheerio.
(for margarita version, substitute gin or vodka with tequila; for mojito, substitute gin or vodka with rum. Consider switching out the basil with cilantro.)
- 3 oz gin or vodka
- 1/2 oz Devo Olive Oil’s White Grapefruit Balsamic
- 1 lime, juiced, save peel for muddling
- 4 slices cucumber, peeled
- 1/4 c fresh basil (1/2 to 3/4 of a cup, loosely packed)
- Garnish with cucumber slice and lime wedge, if desired
If you don’t have the balsamic, substitute with fruit juice, grapefruit soda or flavored sparkling water.
- Muddle cucumber, basil and lime peel in shaker.
- Add gin, balsamic and lime juice.
- Fill with ice and shake.
- Strain into serving glass.
- Garnish with lime wedge and cucumber slice, if desired.