I was a bit overzealous with my fruit purchases. My new frig extends the life of fruit and veggies by a week, but I don’t have limitless storage capacity. I needed to make room to prevent a draw full of fruit juice (squished fruit) rather than juicy fruit.
The bag of white cherries volunteered. Beyond desserts, could cherries serve another purpose? Hmmm. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Salsa, right? With basil and jalapeno just picked from the garden …
I’ve eaten a few “bowls” of it already – on top of salad and quinoa patties. I put it on top of steak salad for hubby. I bet it would be great on chicken, pork or some type of fish (I don’t do fish.)
- 1 c white cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 c fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 tsp Devo Olive Oil Black Cherry Balsamic
- 1 tsp Devo Olive Oil Chipotle EVOO
- ½ fresh lime, juiced
- Freshly ground sea salt and pepper
- Add cherries, jalapeno, and shallot in bowl.
- Add balsamic, EVOO, and lime juice to cherry mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in basil.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.