Hubby came home with some veggies from a friend’s garden. The cucumber was just what I needed to make a quick batch of cold soup. If you need to add a bit of protein, add some silken tofu during blending.
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed and cut into large chunks
- ¾ c vegetable broth
- 1 lg shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ c Devo Olive Oil Chipotle EVOO, for saute and drizzle
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat saute pan with EVOO and add shallots.
- Cook until translucent.
- Place cucumber, avocado, veg broth and onion in processor or blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour soup into serving dishes.
Drizzle with EVOO and garnish with fresh cilantro. Add a drop or two of hot sauce, or a sprinkle of smoked paprika for a spicy cool. For a non-vegan version, add a dollop of crema or creme fraiche before adding hot sauce or paprika.