I love to say orecchiette, or any Italian food; I feel like I’m actually speaking Italian. I remember handcrafting a batch many years ago…pressing thumbs into little pillows of dough. I found a good bag of dried at my meat market and couldn’t wait to cook it up and serve to the family, and proudly pronouncing “orecchiette.” If you need a refresher to say it next time, check this youtube.
I had some leftover fresh peas that I tossed in here too…and I ate some. But just a little. I’ll be better with no gluten tomorrow.
Mangia bene, vivi felice!
- 8 oz dry orecchiette
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbs Devo Olive Oil Tuscan Herb EVOO, plus about ¼ c more for serving
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ c pine nuts
- 3 tbs butter
- Cook orecchiette according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat EVOO and garlic in lg sauté pan.
- Add pine nuts and cook until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli until broccoli turns bright green, stirring occasionally; about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes.
- Add butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Add orecchiette and additional olive oil as needed.
- Gently stir to mix well.
- Place in serving bowls.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and black pepper.