We picked about 30 peaches and couldn’t wait to sink our teeth into one. We needed to stand at a 45° angle to prevent juices from dripping onto our clothes. I needed to change my shirt three times from the juice. That’s how a peach should be.
Not dairy-free? Replace the tofu with your favorite basic vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt recipe. I’d swap out with about 2 c Greek yogurt.
Pictured below: Sweet Polenta Cake topped with peach tofu ice cream and blackberry puree.
- 12 oz silken lite tofu
- 4 fresh peaches, chopped (about 2 1/2 c), divided
- ¾ cup Stevia
- ¼ c honey and lavender simple syrup
What you do:
- Place 1 c peaches, Stevia and syrup in large bowl.
- Toss together and lightly mash to soften peaches.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add tofu.
- Using immersion blender, blender or processor, pulse until combined.
- Place mixture in ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add remaining peaches about half way through the freezing process.