One sign of summer’s end is the depleting batch of basil in the garden. Craving pesto for pizza, I tried an arugula mixture with pistachios. I thought these nuts would give the green a boost in color and added flavor to the bitter arugula. It also gave me the chance to try my new Devo Olive Oil’s Tarragon EVOO. Tarragon is similar to anise; a slightly sweet smell and infused in oil it isn’t as strong as fresh tarragon leaves.
Arugula and Pistachio Pesto
- 1 c arugula
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 30 pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 c Devo Olive Oil’s Tarragon Organic olive oil
- Freshly ground sea salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until pesto consistency is reached.
- Add more oil if needed.