I happened to have three leftover ears of cooked corn. I shaved the kernels and roasted them in a bit of EVOO, until they started to char. Substitute with canned or frozen, about 2 c worth. Trader Joe’s has a nice frozen bag of roasted kernels.
I added a few cherry tomatoes at the end, but only because I had a few that needed to be eaten. I used this along with sliced rotisserie chicken in a burrito with pumpkin chili mole. This dish can be eaten hot or cold.
- 2 c cooked millet
- 3 ears of corn, cooked, shaved and roasted
- 1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/4 c scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c Devo Olive Oil Chipotle EVOO
- 1/8 c Devo Olive Oil Jalapeno White Balsamic
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 c cilantro, chopped
What you do:
- In lg bowl combine millet, corn, black beans, tomatoes, scallion, jalapenos and garlic,
- In sm bowl, mix EVOO, lemon juice, balsamic, cumin, cilantro.
- Add EVOO mixture to millet mixture.
- Gently toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.