Only 64 cans of pumpkin to go to reach 99…
Ebelskivers are traditional Danish pancakes in a distinctive shape of a ball with a texture similar to pancakes crossed with a popover. You can make your own ebelskiver base, but I happened to have Williams-Sonoma’s chocolate in my pantry.
These are great for breakfast or dessert, or a snack. I quickly made a syrup of 1/2 c leftover chocolate ganache, about 1 tbs of leftover filling, a tbs or 2 of maple syrup, a tbs of sugar and about 1/4 c of Devo Olive Oil’s Chocolate Balsamic.This is a sauce that I need to recreate.
Am I a good co-worker or what? This was the treat I brought in for my colleagues. My family has requested a peanut butter version. I’ll happily oblige over the weekend.
Pumpkin-Mascarpone Chocolate Ebelskivers
- Ebelskiver pan
- Ebelskiver mix
- Ebelskiver tongs
- 1 3/4 c chocolate ebelskiver mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 c milk
- 2 1/2 tbs butter, plus more for pan
- 1/4 c mascarpone
- 1/4 c pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
What you do:
- In lg bowl prepare ebelskiver mix as directed.
- In sm bowl mix remaining ingredients.
- Prepare ebelskiver pan as directed.
- Fill wells with about 1 tbs batter.
- In center of each well, place about 1 tsp filling.
- Top with 1 tbs batter.
- Cook for 3 min.
- Turn and cook for 3 min.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Dust with confectioners sugar, if desired.