We cut the remaining rosemary from the garden; some I froze for later use, some I used over the weekend. I love the smell of rosemary on a Sunday afternoon.
- Ready-to-bake rolled pie crust, room temperature
- 1 lg sweet potato, peeled and sliced into ¼” thick slices
- 4 sm baby red potatoes, sliced into ¼” thick slices (peel if desired)
- 4 sm-med shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs Devo Olive Oil Tarragon EVOO, plus extra for drizzling
- Freshly grated seal salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c shredded cheese (Gruyere, Fontina, cheddar, etc.)
- 1 egg white mixed with 1 tsp water
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, snipped
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Prepare baking sheet.
- In lg bowl combine potatoes, onion, 2 tbs EVOO, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on baking sheet and roast for 10 min.
- Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 375°.
- On floured surface, unroll crust.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer crust to baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over crust, leaving a 2” border.
- Top with potatoes and onion, guarding the 2: border.
- Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Fold edges of crust over the filling, overlapping to make “pleats.”
- Brush crust with egg-white wash.
- Drizzle some more EVOO over top of potatoes.
- Bake tart until lightly browned on edges, 45- 50 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 10 min.
- Slice and serve.