My family requested a peanut butter version of the pumpkin pancake balls I made last week. Again, these are great for breakfast or dessert, or a snack. I made another small batch of syrup using Devo Olive Oil’s Dark Chocolate Balsamic.
While they indulged in chocolate, I made myself a dragon fruit smoothie. Of course, I did test taste one or two ebelskivers, just to make sure they weren’t poisonous.
- Ebelskiver pan
- Ebelskiver mix
- Ebelskiver tongs
- 1 3/4 c chocolate ebelskiver mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 c milk
- 2 1/2 tbs butter, plus more for pan
- 1/4 c mascarpone
- 1/4 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c confectioners sugar
- 1/4 c Devo Olive Oil’s Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- 1/4 c cane sugar
- 1/4 c whipping cream
What you do:
- In lg bowl prepare ebelskiver mix as directed.
- In sm bowl mix remaining ingredients.
- Prepare ebelskiver pan as directed.
- Fill wells with about 1 tbs batter.
- In center of each well, place about 1 tsp filling.
- Top with 1 tbs batter.
- Cook for 3 min.
- Turn and cook for 3 min.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Dust with confectioners sugar and serve with sauce, if desired.
- In med saucepan combine balsamic and sugar.
- Over med heat, stir until sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in cream.
- Bring to low boil.
- Adjust heat to maintain a steady simmer.
- Cook 30 min or until liquid is reduced to half its original volume.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Glaze will thicken as it cools; it should be thick and syrupy, between a maple syrup and molasses consistency.