On a recent episode of Bar Rescue, the bartenders in a Maryland bar learned how to make a margarita using tequila and Smirnoff Fluffed Marshmallow vodka. The mixologist said it was a weird combo. I believed her, but needed to try a concoction. And take away another can of pumpkin from the pantry towards my personal challenge of 99 pumpkin recipes.
The syrup makes about 1 1/4 c but you only need about 1/7 of this. Make it all anyway. This drink is so yummy you might as well make an entire batch. Or use the syrup, mixed with some maple, on waffles, etc; mix with cream and add to your coffee. The possibilities are endless. I need to go buy me some more tequila.
Make the syrup in advance to have it chilled and ready to pour.
What you need:
Pumpkin Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 c cane sugar
- 1 c water
- 3 tbs pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla (Mexican, of course)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 oz Smirnoff Fluffed Marshmallow
- 1/4 oz Reposado tequila
- 1 1/2 oz pumpkin syrup
What you do:
Make ahead so you can drink right away…nothing worse than watching a pot boil, or in this case a boiled pot cool.
- Over med heat, mix ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce and continue cooking about 15 min.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Add ingredients and shake
- Strain, serve on rocks in ’rita or ’tini glass.
- Serve with slightly toasted mini-marshmallows, toasted.