Hubby usually buys a bag or two of granola that he brings to work, but I try to have some homemade for home. I only make a cup or two at a time because it’s so easy to make. Any seed, nut, or dried fruit is a great way to change up the flavor. I also have a supply of flavored EVOO and balsamics that add depth. I’m still on the pumpkin kick and wondered if the pumpkin syrup I used for hot oatmeal would work. I simplified it a bit for this.
What you need:
- 2 c old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 c raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 c Devo Olive Oil Blood Orange EVOO
- 1/4 c grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/3 c pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp Devo Olive Oil Cinnamon Pear Balsamic
- 1 c chopped dried cherries
- Freshly ground sea salt, to taste
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In lg bowl combine oats, seeds and coconut.
- In sm bowl, whisk together oil, syrup, spices, balsamic, salt, and pumpkin.
- Add oil mixture to dry, toss to coat evenly.
- Place on baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake about 20 min or until golden brown, turning over halfway.
- Remove from oven.
- Add cherries and mix.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.