If there’s one time of the year that I can make Brussels sprouts without the hubby saying, “ew, what’s that smell?” it’s Thanksgiving week. He knows to expect it. I don’t know why most of the men I know despise cabbage’s tiny cousin. They’re adorable and they taste good. Especially when roasted with pancetta and covered in maple.
These sprouts were from my local farmers market and the pancetta was sliced fresh from my new local Italian market. I had the butcher slice the pancetta at the #2 setting.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 c Devo Olive Oil Wild Mushroom and Sage EVOO
- 3 tbs Devo Olive Oil Maple Balsamic
- 1/4 lb pancetta, diced
- 1/2 c hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- Freshly ground sea salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Remove outer leaves of sprouts, trim and half.
- In lg bowl add sprouts, pancetta, oil and balsamic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Spread sprouts on baking sheet in single layer.
- Roast for 45 min or until tender, turning halfway.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving dish.
- Remove any charred leaves.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts and dried cranberries.