For Thanksgiving I made mini-desserts. This way everyone could sample something without feeling obligated to eat a normal slice of pie. Or better yet, to allow for more self control. I used an apple pie jam that I bought from my farmer’s market. Substitute with apple butter.
- Your favorite recipe or ready-to-bake
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c Debbie’s Apple Pie Jam
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Dev Olive Oil Cranberry Pear Balsamic (sub with lemon juice)
- Dash salt
What you do:
- Heat oven as directed by your crust recipe.
- Prepare mini-muffin tin.
- Divide dough in 24 equal pieces.
- Place one piece in each muffin cup and press firmly and evenly up sides to make a pastry cup.
- In bowl add all filling ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add about 1 tsp apple mixture into each cup.
- Bake until crust begins to turn golden brown and filling is puffed, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool about 5 min before removing from tin.
- Serve as desired; I whipped up a batch of whipped cream flavored with Devo Olive Oil’s Vermont Maple Balsamic.