Leftover sweet potatoes? Turn them into dessert.
I made a quick batch of maple-glazed pecans for the garnish. In sauté pan cook about 1/4 c chopped pecans in 1/4 c Devo Olive Oil Maple Balsamic with a dash of brown sugar; remove and cool.
- Your favorite recipe or ready-to-bake rolled pie sheet
- 2 c mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 tbs mascarpone
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/8 c Devo Olive Oil Maple Balsamic
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 oz mascarpone
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 1 tbs Devo Olive Oil Maple Balsamic
What you do:
- Heat oven as directed by your crust recipe.
- Prepare mini-muffin tin.
- Divide dough in 24 equal pieces.
- Place one piece in each muffin cup and press firmly and evenly up sides to make a pastry cup.
- In bowl add all filling ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add about 1 tsp sweet potato mixture into each cup.
- Bake until crust begins to turn golden brown and filling is puffed, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool about 5 min before removing from tin.
- Put all ingredients in mixer and beat until fluffy.
- Place a dollop on each pie and top with maple-glazed pecans, if desired