I couldn’t wait to use my new juniper balsamic again…it was a great addition to my short rib stew, which brought back memories of rich, delicious gravy that my mom makes. Today I tried a simple vinaigrette of blood orange evoo, juniper balsamic and seasoning. It was the perfect [winter] coat for my winter salad.
I drizzled the vinaigrette over sliced endive, red cabbage, red onion and romaine topped with clementine and pomegranate seeds. Remember, the ration of evoo to balsamic is 3:1 (3-2-1).
What you need:
- 3 endive heads, thinly sliced
- 1 mini red cabbage (or 1/2), shredded (about 1 c)
- 1/2 romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 2 clementines, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbs Devo Olive Oil Blood Orange EVOO
- 1 tbs Devo Olive Oil Juniper Berry Balsamic
- 1 tsp honey
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
What you do:
- Mix all salad ingredients.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.