I completely forgot to take a picture when I made this batch. It looks like green salsa. As soon as I made it I added it to my posole. To roast the tomatillos and onion I used my new Devo Olive Oil Harrisa EVOO, a blend of hot piri piri chilies, serrano peppers, cumin, coriander, garlic.
What you need:
- 6 med tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 4-oz can diced green chiles
- 6 cilantro sprigs
- Freshly ground sea salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Place tomatillos and onion on baking sheet and brush with evoo.
- Cook about 10 min, flip and cook another 5 min.
- In processor, pulse tomatillos and onions
- Add cilantro and pulse.
- Transfer to bowl and stir in chiles.
- Season with salt and pepper.