I’ve been overwhelmed. I’ve misplaced purchased gifts. I’ve been remiss and haven’t posted. I need Christmas to be postponed for about a week, maybe more. But who knows what the Mayan prophecy will bring tomorrow…so I’ve baked cookies to enjoy tonight (and am mixing up some cocktails to enjoy too…).
If you don’t need gluten free, just sub out the flour for regular all-purpose flour and eliminate the xanthum gum.
What you need:
- 10 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c cane sugar
- 1 tbs freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp Devo Olive Oil Lemon EVOO
- 1 ½ c gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¾ c coarse cornmeal
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp fleur de sel (sea salt)
- Rosemary leaves
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 2 tsp Devo Olive Oil Lemon EVOO
What you do:
- In lg bowl mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add rosemary and mix.
- Set aside.
- In mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add zest, eggs and oil and mix until incorporated.
- In 1/2 c increments, add dry mixture to butter mixture on low speed.
- Mix until dough just comes together.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator.
- Heat oven to 325°.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using cookie scoop, place cookie balls on baking sheets. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, use a spoon and make tablespoon-sized balls.
- Bake 12 min, or until the cookies are puffed and slightly golden on edges.
- Cool about 5 min then transfer to rack to cool completely.
Glaze & Garnish:
- In bowl whisk powdered sugar, cream and lemon juice until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze on each cookie.
- Top with rosemary leaves.