Because we’re one year “elder”… I needed a quick cocktail for New Year’s Day and a something to blend with leftover Prosecco. Yes, leftover; I can barely stay up until midnight anymore. Actually hubby woke me up before the ball finished its journey. A couple of klinks and swigs … poof. Back to sleep.
To celebrate the New Year appropriately, cocktail hour was a part of our first day of 2013. I wanted to use fresh cranberries but alas, had none. I quickly cut open a pomegranate and tore out some seeds. I added a few drops of Devo Olive Oil’s Juniper Balsamic to make the name of this cocktail authentic. (elderBERRY; elderSEEDS doesn’t sound so appetizing…)
Skal. Cin Cin. Salut. Cheers.
- 4 oz DRYCK FLÄDER Elderflower juice from IKEA
- 1 oz Limoncello
- a few drops of Devo Olive Oil Juniper Berry Balsamic
- 2 oz Prosecco
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
What you do:
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Add juice and limoncello.
- Shake and strain into martini glass.
- Pour Prosecco over juice.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.