PS I love you: Part 2
I needed something different to go with the bacon-wrapped filet mignons I made post-Valentine’s Day. While I was snowbound in sunny California (rubbing it in), I had breakfast at Caffe Delucchi in San Francisco. It was ah-mazing. I have no idea of what they used in their version, but what could I muster up to resemble hash. I had artichokes, shallots and polenta-in-a-tube. That’s where my journey began.
What you need:
- 2 tbs Devo Olive Oil Leccino EVOO
- 1 6 oz jar artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 c chopped shallot (1 med)
- 1 tbs chopped black olives
- 2 tbs chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 c cubed polenta
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 1/8 c freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
What you do:
- Heat EVOO in sauté pan.
- Add shallot and artichokes.
- Cook until softened.
- Add olives and red pepper; mix well.
- Add polenta.
- Season as desired.
- Cook until polenta begins to turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Remove from heat.