This is a quick homage to, and a different take on, corned beef and cabbage: Irish pizza.
Homemade pizza is a family favorite. Corned beef is a family favorite. Combining the two is a great way to use leftover corned beef.
By the time we get to using up the last of the corned beef leftovers there are usually no potatoes left, which is actually ideal. I like to use thinly sliced, roasted red potatoes on this pizza.
I served this with kohlrabi slaw drizzled with wasabi sauce. Use Thousand Island dressing, if you’d like.
- Your favorite gluten-free pizza crust
- 4 sm red potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 4 tbs Devo Olive Oil Tuscan Herb EVOO
- About 1/2 lb corned beef, thinly sliced
- 1 c shredded Swiss cheese
- Freshly grated sea salt and black pepper, to taste
What you do:
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In med bowl toss potato with 2 tbs EVOO, salt and pepper.
- Roast in a single layer on a baking sheet until golden, about 15 min.
- Remove from oven.
- Heat pizza stone, or prepare baking sheet.
- Roll out dough to desired shape.
- Drizzle with 2 tbs EVOO.
- Bake crust for 10 min.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle top of crust with cheese, corned beef and potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return to oven and cook until crispy, about 10 min.
- Top with Kohlrabi Slaw, wasabi sauce and/or Thousand Island dressing.