Roasted or raw, kohlrabi is one of my newest food obsessions. Ever since I spotted it at the farmers market I’ve been thinking of different ways to use it. My latest use was in a slaw.
We don’t typically use any mayonnaise in our house. I added fresh yogurt from the farmers market to act as a binder for the different seasonings.
Kohlrabi Slaw with Jalapeno-Lime Dressing
- 1 m kohlrabi, peeled, trimmed and shredded
- 1/2 sm purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 red onion, shredded
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/8 c Devo Olive Oil Jalapeno White Balsamic
- 1/8 c Devo Olive Oil Mango White Balsamic
- 4 tbs chopped cilantro
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c yogurt (or mayonnaise, if desired)
What you do:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Chill for several hours before serving.