BBQ Addiction, bobby flay, cilantro, coconut milk, devo olive oil manog white balsamic, devo olive oil persian lime evoo, grilled pineapple, habanero, paprika, pineapple salsa, pork loin, red onion, roasted peanuts
This week from Flay’s BBQ Addiction we decided to make page 155: coconut-marinated pork tenderloin. Flay includes a green onion and peanut relish. I shook up both recipes a bit. I turned the relish into grilled pineapple salsa. Keeping with the tropical theme, the concoction of the day was a Midori Mojito with fresh pineapple. It definitely felt like a warm summer day, instead of the chilly aftermath of wind and rain.
The coconut marinate infuses the pork while tenderizing the meat. The pork began its coconut soak at 9 a.m. and went on the grill at the end of the Bruins’ win against the Rangers in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Semi-finals. The pork and the game? Win-Win.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 14-oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbs Devo Olive Oil Persian Lime EVOO
- 2 tsp curry
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chopped habanero pepper
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 8 slices fresh pineapple
- 1 c cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 c chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tsp Devo Olive Oil Persian Lime EVOO
- 1 tsp Devo Olive Oil Mango White Balsamic
- Freshly ground sea salt and pepper
Hot sauce, if desired
What you do:
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- In lg bowl mix milk, lime, evoo, curry, paprika, cumin and habanero.
- Add pork, turn to coat, massaging the meat with the marinate.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-8 hours.
- Heat grill and remove pork from frig 30 min before cooking.
- Brush grill with evoo.
- Place on grill and cook until charred on all sides, about 8 min eat.
- Move meat to non-direct flame on grill and cook about 10-12 min, until thermometer registers 150.
- Remove pork from grill, loosely cover with foil and let rest for 10 min.
- Brush pineapple slices with oil and place on grill.
- Grill 5 min and flip, grill 5 more min.
- Chop pineapple into 1/2” chunks.
- In bowl add remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Add pineapple.
- Slice pork into 1/2” thick slices and serve with relish.