Cute little mason jars. Crushed graham crackers. Mascarpone cheese. Blueberry jam. Done.
OK, you need a few more ingredients like whipped cream, sugar, butter and a hint of vanilla. Then you’re done.
I couldn’t leave my family on a holiday weekend without any dessert. I quickly threw these together and put them in the refrigerator as a surprise for my family. I’ll probably have to let them know that there’s a treat waiting for them …
Blueberry Cheesecake Jars
- 4 full graham crackers
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1 c heavy cream
- 8-oz mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 4 tbs blueberry jam
- Whipped cream, for garnish
What you do:
- In processor, pulse first 3 ingredients until moist crumbs form.
- Divide among 4 mason jars and press onto bottom.
- In mixer bowl whisk with whisk attachment, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently scoop into lg bowl.
- Switch to paddle attachment and beat mascarpone, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in half of the whipped cream.
- Add remaining whipped cream.
- Stir in blueberry jam.
- Fold until filling is light and fluffy.
- Pour filling into each jar.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Serve chilled.