New Hampshire raspberries, Maine blueberries and Georgia peaches give this sangria a crisp, fresh taste. A rosemary simple syrup gives a savory bite to the sweet fruit.
(Yeah, yeah. It’s not 5:00 p.m. yet but it’s a holiday.)
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c pure cane sugar
- 2 lg fresh rosemary sprigs
- 5 peaches
- 1 750 ml bottle chilled white wine
- 2 c chilled lime sparkling water
- 1/2 c Grand Marnier
- 2 limes
- 1/2 c fresh raspberries
- 1/2 c fresh blueberries
What you do:
- In sm saucepan add sugar, water and rosemary.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Sitr occasionally until sugar has dissolved.
- Strain, reserving liquid.
- Cool completely.
- Add liquid and 3 peaches to blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour puree into glass pitcher.
- Juice 1 lime and add to puree.
- Add wine, Grand Marnier and club soda.
- Add juice of 1 lime.
- Slice remaining peaches and lime.
- Add remaining fruit to wine mixture.
- Stir to blend.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Ladle sangria and fruit into drinking glass.