Spicy Peach and Fig Chutney
Local, juicy peaches have arrived. I almost couldn’t use the peaches any other way but enjoying them as is, but with leftover fresh figs I was compelled to pair them with peach. I served this on top of grilled Camembert and as a condiment on blue-cheese stuffed sliders.
- 4 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced into eighths
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 4 Mission figs, stems removed and sliced into quarters
- 1/2 c Devo Olive Oil Serrano Honey Balsamic
- 3 tbs local honey
- 3 tsp pure maple syrup
- 5-6 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Freshly ground sea salt
What you do:
- Cut peach slices in half lengthwise and place in bowl.
- Sprinkle lime juice over peaches.
- Cut fig slices in half lengthwise.
- In sauté pan add balsamic, honey and maple syrup.
- Season with sea salt.
- Heat over med and cook until syrupy mixture forms, 8-10 min.
- Add peaches to syrup mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and cook about 5 min.
- Add figs, sage and jalapeno to peach mixture.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Cook for another 5-8 min.
- Transfer to serving bowl to cool to desired temp.