I am a kitchen junkie. I need a bigger kitchen. I’ve already taken over a spare room’s closet for my less-frequently-used items and the linen closet? It stores heavier counter-top appliances, like the ice cream maker, the panini maker and now my newest prize: Breville Crispy Crust Pizza Maker. I’ve always dreamed of having a brick oven, inside or out, but until that dream comes true, this is a good stand in.
The stone heats to about 650° and a thin crust pizza is done in six minutes. It takes me longer to roll out the dough than to cook it. (And less time to eat it!) The trick is to leave about a 2″ border without toppings that will ooze onto the stone. The smell of burning cheese isn’t pleasant.
No worries if you don’t have this pizza oven. Cooking according to your pizza crust’s directions. It’s so good, you’ll be sorry it wasn’t ready in six minutes.
(Hint: While prepping I doubled the marinated steak recipe to have leftovers for taquitos.)
Carne Asada Pizza
- 1 lb shaved steak
- 1/2 c Devo Olive Oil Chipotle EVOO (sub with EVOO)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbs Devo Olive Oil Serrano Honey Vinegar (sub with a mix of balsamic and honey)
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Your favorite pizza crust
- Marinated steak
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 c cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 c shredded Manchego cheese
What you do:
- Place steak in lg glass bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Massage marinade into steak making sure each slice is coated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least an hour.
- Preheat indoor grill pan over med-high heat.
- Season steak with additional salt and pepper.
- Shake off excess marinate and place steak in grill pan.
- Grill until med rare, about 2 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer to plate.
- Prepare your favorite pizza crust as directed.
- Heat oven as directed.
- Top pizza with salsa.
- Shred steak on top of salsa.
- Top with onion and cilantro.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook as directed.
- Serve with guacamole.