Basic risotto is a simple dish, yet Arborio rice is complicated. It takes time and attention, but it’s well worth it. It was also awesome to use my new Le Creuset braiser!
You can easily change the “flavor profile” of risotto with different mix ins depending on the season and what’s available It’s a satisfying dish that impresses.
- 3 tbs Devo Olive Oil Black Truffle Oil
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 c Arborio rice
- 1 c dry white wine
- 2 c chicken broth
- 2 c water
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 c shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 2 c autumn roasted vegetables (see recipe)
What you do:
- Heat oil in sauté pan.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 2 min.
- Add garlic and cook about 1 min.
- Add rice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir to coat.
- Add wine to deglaze pan.
- Alternate adding 1/2 c chicken stock, allow liquid to nearly evaporate and add 1/2 c water.
- Continue alternating and scraping the pan to loosen browned bits.
- Reduce heat to low and cook about 20 min.
- Add butter and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Carefully fold in roasted vegetables.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary or sage leaves.