Using a mandoline or box grater you can cut zucchini into long, thin ribbons similar to linguini. If using box grater, lay it on its side with the largest holes facing up. If you have a really sharp knife and patience, you can julienne the zucchini by hand.
Eat as is or add about 1/2 c spring peas, asparagus tips, chopped tomatoes, etc. Add pine nuts if you’d like a crunch. Be creative! When making your pesto, don’t limit yourself to basil and pine nuts; try arugula or kale with cashews or hazelnuts.
• 1 tsp Devo Olive Oil Tuscan Herb EVOO (or plain extra-virgin olive oil)
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 med zucchini, julienned into long ribbons
• 2 tsp pesto
• 1 tbs ricotta
• Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
• Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
What you do:
• Heat sauté pan with EVOO.
• Add zucchini and garlic and gently stir fry until zucchini starts to become translucent; about 2-3 min.
• In sm bowl mix pesto and ricotta.
• Add pesto mixture to zucchini.
• Gently stir to mix.
• Remove from heat.
• Using tongs, gently pile onto serving plate.
• Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.