Without fail every time I buy eggnog there is always a lone cup leftover. Everybody refuses to drink the last bit. Without fail. Instead of throwing it out, I add it to French toast, waffles, homemade ice cream, etc. Today it made its way into cheesecake.
I made a base from graham crackers and amaretto cookies. You can use just graham crackers or amaretto cookies. You need enough crumbs to measure about 2 cups.
My original plan was to use a cranberry jam from my farmers market [Debbie D’s]. She was all out; she gave me a test jar of cran-apple walnut jam. If you don’t have cranberry, try your favorite flavor.
Eggnog Cheesecake Squares
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 sleeve graham crackers, crushed
- 10 amaretto cookies, crushed
- 1/4 c pure cane sugar
- 2 pkgs cream cheese (8 oz ea)
- 3/4 c pure cane sugar
- 3/4 c eggnog
- 1 tbs Disaronno (sub with rum, bourbon or vanilla, if desired)
- 1/2 tsp fleur de sel (sea salt)
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbs cranberry jam
What you do:
- Heat oven to 350˚.
- Line 13×9 dish with parchment paper.
- Lightly spray with oil.
- Melt butter in lg bowl.
- Add crushed graham crackers, amaretto cookies and sugar.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour crumb mixture into prepared dish.
- Press firmly to create even layer.
- In mixing bowl beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- On low add eggnog, rum, salt, nutmeg and flour.
- Add eggs and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour over crumb base, spreading evenly.
- Dot top of cheesecake mixture with jam.
- Run a knife through cheesecake and jam to create a swirl pattern.
- Bake for about 40 min, until filling is set.
- Cool in pan before transferring to refrigerator to cool completely, about 30 min.
- Carefully lift parchment to remove cheesecake from pan.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Dollop with whipped cream if desired.