Impress your family with this simple, upscale grilled cheese sandwich. You’re welcome.
- 8 slices thickly-sliced peasant bread
- 4 tbs organic apple-rhubarb jam (substitute with suitable fruit jam)
- 1 Camembert wheel
- 12-16 large spinach leaves
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced and sautéed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced (discard core)
- Butter or spray oil
What you do:
- Heat grill pan or Panini press.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- On non-buttered side, spread jam on 4 bottom slices.
- Layer with spinach, onion and apple.
- On non-buttered side of remaining 4 slices, spread even amount of Camembert and lay on top of bottom halves.
- Toast on grill pan or Panini press.
- Cut in half and serve.