Eggplant was the vegetable of the week at the Salem NH Farmers Market. I just happened to pick up a recent issue of Food Network Magazine and as I was casually turning pages I spotted this easy side dish. It was a simple dish to pre-prep ahead of time – I grilled the eggplant yesterday and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
While at the market, I added the tomatoes (from Arrowhead Family Farm) and a yogurt sauce (yogurt Brookford Farm). The resulting color is less than appealing, but the yellows and reds from the tomatoes helped brighten up the dish.
This is great as a side dish, but also as a vegetarian dish. Make it a panzanella salad adding some grilled bread cubes.
Slightly adapted from Food Network Magazine
- 2 eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1/4″ slices
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, quartered and cut in half
- 3 tbs yogurt
- 2 tbs Cucina Aurora Rosemary/Oregano infused EVOO
- 1 tbs white peach balsamic vinegar (sub with other white vinegar)
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
What you do:
- Heat grill or indoor grill pan.
- Brush both sides of sliced eggplant with EVOO.
- Grill about 8—10 min per side, until charring begins.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut eggplant into 1/2” pcs and transfer to lg bowl.
- Add tomatoes and toss.
- In sm bowl mix yogurt, EVOO and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add yogurt mixture, a little at a time, and stir to mix.
- Add enough to coat vegetables.