Butternut Squash Cole Slaw
A seasonal take on cabbage slaw. Use it to top pulled pork sandwiches, as a topping for turkey sandwiches.
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled
- 1/4 c Millcreek Dairy goat cheese
- 1 1/2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs EVOO
- 1/4c chopped maple pecans
- 1/4 c dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 tbs chiffonade sage
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
What you do:
- Shred squash using mandolin, julienne peeler or box grater.
- In med bowl whisk cheese, maple syrup, cider and EVOO until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add squash and stir well.
- Add pecans, cranberries and sage and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.