It wasn’t only about the savory on today’s edition of WMUR’s Cook’s Corner. Santa would definitely love to find these cookies waiting for him at your house. Rudolph and the other reindeer too.
I turned a few into whoopie pies too. They were unbelievably good! Pack a few for Santa to take on the road…
- 1 c butter
- 3/4 csugar
- 3/4 cfirmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tspvanilla
- 2 1/2 call-purpose flour
- 2 tspground cinnamon
- 1 tspbaking soda
- 1/2 tsp fleur de sel (French sea salt)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 cchopped maple pecans
- 4 medium (2 cups) carrots, grated
- 4 cpowdered sugar
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1-8 oz pkgcream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tspvanilla
What you do:
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine 1 c butter, sugar and brown sugar in mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cardamom and salt.
- Beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Stir in pecans and carrots.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 min or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool completely.
- In mixer bowl combine frosting ingredients.
- Beat at med speed until smooth and creamy.
- Frost each cooled cookie with about 2 tsp frosting