In addition to the tzimmies that I featured on WMUR’s Cook’s Corner today was simple maple roasted carrots. I roast a ton of carrots at a time – they’re great to eat as is but also serve as the base to my roasted carrot and cumin soup, roasted carrot tart, carrot vinaigrette and roasted carrot farro risotto.
- 3 lbs carrots, scrubbed, tops trimmed to about 1/2″, halved
- 1/4 cup lemon EVOO
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Whisk oil and maple syrup in lg bowl.
- Add carrots and toss to coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 40 min, turning halfway, until carrots have caramelized.