I was curious to see if I could turn bisque into vinaigrette. It was a really good base for lemon EVOO, cider vinegar and a hint of soy sauce. I’m not a huge fan of raw kale, but I know it’s good for me …
The crew at WMUR Cook’s Corner were happy to have discovered watermelon radish. It is one of my favorites either raw or roasted. When raw the color is unbelievable.
- 1 c roasted carrot and cumin soup
- 1/2 c lemon-infused EVOO
- 1/3 c apple cider or rice vinegar
- 2 tbs finely chopped onion
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and kale chopped
- 1 apple, cut into thin slices
- 1 watermelon radish, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 c grated carrot
- 1/2 c almond slivers or chopped cashews, if desired
What you do:
- Place all dressing ingredients in food process and blend until well mixed.
- Mix kale, apples and watermelon radish slices in serving bowl.
- Top with grated carrots and nuts, if desired.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.