Exactly a year later I find myself in the same position: not ready for Christmas. One might think that Christmas isn’t constant; that it doesn’t fall on the same week in the same month each and every year.
I’ve got shopping to do … have you been at a shopping mall or plaza lately? Someone backed up into my car two weeks ago coming out of a parking spot. Last night there were shoppers rushing back to their cars with outta control carriages. One shopper let hers go momentarily and it crashed into a car with enough speed and weight that the car was damaged.
I just want to cook and bake and celebrate Christmas after Christmas. A quick answer was homemade bark. It doesn’t take long and while my plan was to “crush” peppermints and pretzels, I bought peppermint candy melts and small square pretzels.
Salty and sweet go together like egg nog and rum, Mr. and Mrs. Claus, etc. I’m beginning to feel festive.
- 1 28 oz bag Ghiradelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz square pretzels
- 3 10-oz bags peppermint white chocolate candy melts
What you do:
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips over double boiler.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet.
- Top with pretzels, pressing pretzels into chocolate.
- Melt candy melts.
- Remove baking sheet from refrigerator and spread candy mixture on top of chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 min.
- Break into pieces.
- Store at room temperature in airtight container. I keep mine in the covered porch area; not quite room temp but not freezing either.