Making lettuce cups out of soft butter lettuce cups will wow your guests, and those who are carb-counting will really appreciate your efforts. Those who are counting calories will also enjoy the poached chicken used.
- 1/4 c mayonnaise or mayo substitute (yogurt, etc)
- 3 tbs peach jam
- a dash of soy sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 c poached, shredded chicken, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/4 c + 2 tbs thinly sliced green onion, divided
- 1/4 c chopped maple-glazed pecans
- 12 sm leaves butter lettuce
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs toasted sesame seeds and green onions to garnish, if desired
What you do:
- Wash and trim leaves of butter lettuce
- In med bowl mix mayo, jam and lime juice.
- Add chicken, celery, 1/4 c green onion and pecans.
- Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop generous tablespoon of chicken mixture onto center of each lettuce cup.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and remaining green onions, if desired