After poaching chicken, I cut the breasts into cubes, re-dipped in the spicy honey sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds and tossed under the broiler for a few minutes.
Serve these over grilled Bok Choy and white rice. The recipe for poaching and the honey sauce can be found here.
- 2 poached chicken breasts
- 1 c spicy honey sauce
- 4 tbs pepper jelly
- 4 tbs orange marmalade
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 c thinly-sliced green onions
- sesame seeds, toasted if desired
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
What you do:
- Transfer 1 c sauce from slow cooker to saucepan.
- Add 1/4 c honey, pepper jelly and marmalade.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Mix cornstarch with 3 tbs of water and whisk into sauce mixture.
- Continue to cook until thickened.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and place in saucepan with sauce.
- Toss to coat.
- Heat broiler.
- Place chicken in baking dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Broil for 5 min, until caramelizing begins.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve over white rice and grilled baby Bok Choy, with additional sauce