Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Brownies
Today is National Cheesecake Brownie Day. Desserts similar to brownies have been around since the 1800s, but culinary historians can trace today’s brownie back to 1906 in The Boston Cooking School Cook Book. Who can resist the chewy, fudgy richness of these chocolate squares? Little presents for your mouth. There are many options to create different brownies: nuts, fruit, caramel, peppermint, etc. My favorite is cheesecake with a salted chocolate ganache frosting.
- Your favorite brownie mix
- 1 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 4-oz container mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/3 c pure cane sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbs pure vanilla
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 4 oz Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate chips
What you do:
- Heat oven as directed by your brownie mix.
- Mix brownies as directed.
- In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- In prepared baking dish, spread brownie batter.
- Drop tablespoons of cream cheese mixture over batter.
- Using a knife, swirl through cream cheese and brownie batter.
- Bake for 20-25 min, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Bring cream to boil over med heat in double boiler.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips.
- Let sit for a few minutes and stir.
- Pour ganache over brownie and cool.
- Allow to chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to firm.