I’ve been craving homemade ricotta and planned on making a ricotta pie wiht bacon. Why not sub the salty cured pork for salty cured beef? And it’s perfect for Pi Day!
What you need:
- Your favorite pie crust recipe
- 1 lg bunch Tuscan kale, stems removed, washed and drained
- 8 slices corned beef, chopped
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 c homemade buttermilk ricotta (or store bought; no judging.)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
What you do:
- Heat oven to375°.
- Prepare pie pan.
- Roll dough and place into pie pan.
- Heat EVOO in lg sautépan .
- Sauté kale about 10-15 min.
- Add about 1 more tbs EVOO and cook onion over med-low heat until softened, about 10 min.
- Add garlic and kale.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a few min, until kale is heated through.
- In lg bowl, whisk ricotta and eggs.
- Add corned beef and cheese; stir well.
- Fold in kale mixture.
- Spoon ricotta filling onto crust and spread evenly.
- Place in oven and bake until crust is golden, 35-40 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.