I’m not a huge hot tea drinker, but I’ve been dying to try tea leaves as herb seasoning for a marinade. (PS the tea worked wonderfully in the marinade and also made a refreshing bourbon cocktail with honey simple syrup.)
What you need:
- 8 chicken thighs (from Miner Family Farm)
- 1 c orange juice
- 3 tbs raw honey
- 3 tbs tea leaves (Sunrise blend from Bee Fields Farm)
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbs EVOO
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
What you do:
- Season chicken with salt.
- In lg ziplock bag mix marinade ingredients.
- Add chicken, seal and massage to coat.
- Refrigerate at least a few hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat cold grill rack with cooking spray, and place on grill.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat about 10 min each side, or until juices run clear.