Raw, shredded golden beets mixed with crisp Cortland apples, both from Farmer Dave’s, and lactofermented Korean Carrots from Brookford Farm make a sweet-tart slaw, for your sweetheart. Leftovers taste great in tacos, too.
What you need:
- 2 Cortland apples, peeled and cored
- 2 golden beets, peeled
- 6 tbs EVOO
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 c jarred Korean Carrots (Brookford Farm; sub with 2 shredded carrots)
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
What you do:
- Cut apples and beets into matchsticks.
- In lg bowl, whisk EVOO, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in carrots.
- Add apples and beets.
- Toss to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 30 min.