Skinny Dip: Asparagus Fries
What do you make when you have leftover garlic aioli and asparagus? You guessed it. Asparagus fries with garlic aioli. You are smart.
- 1 bunch, asparagus, washed and trimmed, or a bag of Trader Joe’s frozen grilled.
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 c bread crumbs (Panko if you’ve got ‘em)
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 c finely-grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add egg whites to a bowl (keep in mind the size of asparagus)
- To another bowl add bread crumbs, flour, cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Dip asparagus spear in egg whites to cover
- Roll in bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Place on prepared pan.
- Repeat with remaining asparagus.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden, turning asparagus half-way through.
- Let cool slightly.
Serve with lemon-garlic aioli. I made mine with fat-free mayonnaise.