Adapted from foodnetwork.com
I formed these into circles for National Donut Day.
- 1 c water
- ½ c unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c flour
- ¾ c egg substitute
- ½ c sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In saucepan heat water, butter, vanilla, brown sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium high.
- Remove from heat.
- Add flour.
- Stir briskly to combine.
- Place dough into the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment.
- With the mixer on medium low slowly add one egg until well mixed. (Dough should look soft and smooth; if not, add a bit more egg.)
- Lightly spray cookie sheet.
- Fit pastry bag with large star tip.
- Fill with dough.
- Pipe dough into 6” strips, leaving 1” between each.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Place cinnamon and sugar in paper bag.
- One at a time, spray one lightly with cooking spray and place in bag.
- Gently shake until coated with cinnamon sugar mixture.