Basic Dark Chocolate Cake
What you need:
- 2 c sugar
- 1-3/4 c all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 c dark cocoa
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fleur de sel (French sea salt)
- 2 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 3/4 c hot, strong coffee
- 1/2 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
*Want to make gluten free? Replace regular flour with gluten free plus 1 1/2 tsp xanthum gum
What you do:
- Heat oven to 350.
- Prepare two 9” round baking pans with grease and flour.
- In mixing bowl sift sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Beat on med speed until just incorporated.
- Whisk in coffee.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30-35 min or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 min.
- Remove from pans and transfer to wire cooling rack.
- Cool completely before assembling.