Adapted from VegNews
- 6 tbs water
- 3 tbs chia
- 2 tbs EVOO, divided
- 2 c mushrooms, chopped
- 1 c Vidalia, chopped
- 3 tbs tamari or liquid amino acid
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp rosemary
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 ¾ c cooked short-grain brown rice
- 1 ¼ c green lentils, cooked and drained
- In small bowl, combine water and chia; set aside to thicken.
- In sauté pan heat 1 tsp EVOO.
- Add mushrooms and onion.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to caramelize.
- Add tamari, garlic, mustard, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Fold in lentils, beets and rice.
- In food processor, add mushroom mixture with chia mixture.
- Process until mixed.
- In sauté pan heat remaining oil.
- Add ½ c of burger mixture onto pan and flatten into thick rounds.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. You want a crispy exterior.
- Let cool.
- Serve with desired condiments.
- ½ c shredded beets
Try an avocado-mango salsa or mash avocado with some EVOO to create a spread.